Trust - About Us
Carnatic music, considered to be one of the ancient Indian Art-form originated from Pancha-mukham of Lord Shiva, is widely believed to be bestowed upon mankind through Saint Narada and Lord Hanuman. Its traces are also found in the Sama veda, one among the Four Vedas of Hinduism. Over million years, Carnatic music itself has undergone various phases of evolution; various stalwarts and pioneers have dedicated their heart and soul in disseminating this art form.
With a view to maintain this traditional lineage of enriching and propagating Carnatic music, NADHADWEEPAM TRUST was founded by Sangeetha Vidhwan Trichy Sri. K. Ramesh in the year 1999 in the district of Tiruchirapalli, situated on the banks of River Cauvery, within the state of Tamilnadu, India.
Visions and Missions
The Visions & Missions of the Trust are as follows which have been successfully accomplished so far to:
- Impart the Music to a variety of students through our traditional system of Classical Music by establishing a ‘Gurukulam’.
- Organise Music Festivals, Quiz relating to Music, Lecture Demonstrations, and Special Classes on holidays etc.,
- Honour the Eminent Musicians with an Award.
- Promote the young Musician’s talent by conducting Music competition and providing them a Platform for showcasing their Performing Talents.
- Provide a Library for Cassettes and Books of esteemed Pioneers of Carnatic Music.
- Arrange Educational tours in relation with the history of the Great Musicians places and insist youngsters to know about their history.